7 Ways to Stay Healthy during Year End Holidays
Various chronic diseases generally tend to recur after the holidays are over. This is because holidays are synonymous with good eating because usually celebrating Christmas and New Year a variety of delicious foods are provided.
The food and drinks provided are usually more complete and varied. Starting from heavy, sweet, fatty to salty foods. For example, cakes that contain lots of chocolate and cheese, cakes are usually made with egg yolks which contain lots of high cholesterol. Patients with high blood pressure have uncontrolled blood pressure. Patients with hypercholesterolemia or high uric acid have their high cholesterol and uric acid conditions getting worse.
Tips for anticipating illness during and after the holidays :
- Pay attention to eating and drinking, especially quality. Food safety is still a problem because of the low supervision from the government.
- Pay attention to the number of calories from food or drink, eventhe smallest snack if it is sweet, it must contain calories.
- Try to eat only 1 kind of side dish, if you feel that you consume more snacks, reduce the rice during large meals.
- void snacks that contain chocolate, cheese, and fat. Fat has twice as many calories as carbohydrates.
- Drink lots of more than 2 liters per day.
- Consume lots of fruit and vegetables, cultivated 5 servings at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and between these meals.
- Keep doing sports activities or moving, take advantage of leisure time on vacation by moving and doing sports activities. Read too !!!