Can Pregnant Women Drink Coffee
Drinking coffee has become a habit for everyone to relax after tired work, but what if you are pregnant again drinking coffee is good for the health of the fetus and pregnant women. Some studies explain that pregnant women should pay attention to the amount every day. Coffee can have a devastating effect on pregnant women and the fetus, if taken excessively and out of control.
Basically it is not only coffee intake that needs to be considered and is limited by pregnant women, but also other foods and drinks that contain high caffeine. Like chocolate food, drinks and snacks and tea. Other than that.
Drinking coffee stimulants can make it difficult for pregnant women to sleep soundly at night, causing headaches, and nausea and heartburn. So, pregnant women should limit drinking coffee. In addition to coffee pregnant women should also reduce energy drinks, chocolate, soda and colas, as well as tea including green tea. All this for the sake of the prospective baby and his mother’s health.
Risks Of Drinking Coffee In Pregnant Women
In addition to causing symptoms of anxiety, addiction, insomnia, heart beat fast, digestive disorders, high blood pressure, frequent urination, migraines and tremors. caffeine in coffee can penetrate the placenta of pregnant women and can have an impact on the fetus they contain.
the risk of drinking coffee in pregnant women and fetuses, including:
- experiencing gastric acid reflux
- Babies are born with a low weight
How coffee affects the fetus and pregnant women ?
Caffeine intake directly affects the unborn baby because the caffeine consumed by pregnant women crosses the placenta.
Here are the dangers posed if pregnant women drink coffee regularly:
- Drink 6 or more cups of similar caffeinated drinks can cause low birth weight, which is very dangerous for babies.
- Some studies show that caffeine has a negative impact on fetal brain development.
- High caffeine intake Early in pregnancy, can increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Too much caffeine consumed during pregnancy can cause a baby’s heart rate to increase, and can cause arrhythmias or irregular heartbeats – a condition that can be dangerous for the baby’s health.
- Pregnant women drink too much coffee during pregnancy causing ADHD or hyperactive disorders in children.
- Caffeine can inhibit the growth of children and unborn babies.
In another study showed that there was no increased risk in women who drank a minimal amount of coffee every day (between 200-350 mg per day. However, this should also be considered as well as preventing better treatment. Pregnant women should limit their caffeine intake to less than 200 mg per day, but if possible, consume foods and drinks that are truly healthy and highly nutritious for fetuses and pregnant women.