Causes Of Dandruff In Hair
Although not dangerous and contagious, dandruff causes other problems, namely lowering one’s self-confidence. Agree? The arrival of dandruff indicates that we should pay more attention to the health of our hair and scalp.
In most cases, dandruff is caused due to dry scalp. Normally, this peeling takes place every month. However, in severe cases of dandruff, this condition can last every week. So, what are the causes that can trigger dandruff?
Many people believe that dandruff is often caused by lazy shampooing and keeping hair clean. Although rarely shampooing can make dandruff worse, dandruff occurs because the body regularly sheds dead skin cells when new skin cells are formed.
According to the Association of Dandruff Doctors, the exact cause of the appearance of dandruff is still unknown. However, one possibility that is often found is seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a condition when the oil glands and hair follicles produce excess oil.
Apart from serboroic dermatitis, here are other causes of dandruff to watch out for:
- The scalp is irritated and oily.
- Sensitivity to hair care products.
- Dry peel.
- Lack of intake of B vitamins, zinc, and some types of fat.
- Stress, or not being able to manage stress well.
- Having certain conditions, such as psoriasis, eczema, tinea capitis, fungal infections, and several other skin problems.
Simple Ways to Overcome Dandruff
To treat dandruff, generally many people use anti-dandruff shampoos. Dandruff shampoo has a variety of benefits, such as reducing the growth of fungal cells, or helping to slow down the production of dead skin cells. The shampoo used usually contains active cytostatic agents, such as selenium sulfide or zinc pyrithione.
Here are some ways you can control the appearance of dandruff, namely:
- Use and dandruff shampoo and follow the directions. Each shampoo has a different content. Generally, before rinsing it needs to be left for a few minutes.
- You can wash your hair regularly with regular shampoo. However, alternate with anti-dandruff shampoo at least twice a week.
- Be careful when using shampoos with tar content, as they have the potential to make the scalp more sensitive to sunlight. If you use this type of shampoo, protect your head from the sun by wearing a hat when outdoors.
Generally, dandruff does not require special medical treatment. However, you need to be vigilant when dandruff is accompanied by various other complaints.
If dandruff or excessive flaking of the scalp occurs, and causes a very irritating itching sensation, see a doctor immediately. This condition can be caused by seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, to fungal infections. Read More !