Blackheads are dirt that appears when pores are clogged with oil and dead skin cells. These dead skin cells can react to oxygen, so the blackheads turn black. However, if the skin around these clogged pores closes, the dead skin cells will not react with oxygen and the blackheads will turn white.
Blackheads do not cause pain, unless they are infected. Well, this infection causes swollen and reddish skin, and pimples appear. This skin condition is also prone to attacking adolescents. Here are the reasons why teenagers are prone to blackheads.
Teens Vulnerable to Experience Blackheads, These Are Some of the Causes
Blackheads are initially white, so that the surface of the pores is exposed and exposed to dirty air which makes them turn black. Here are some of the reasons why teenagers often experience blackheads on their faces:
- Effect of makeup. Applying too much makeup to coat facial skin will cause this skin problem. This condition occurs because excessive use of makeup can interfere with the skin’s freedom to breathe.
- Excess oil production. Oily skin in teenagers can lead to blackheads on the nose and other oily areas of the face. When the face feels sticky due to excess oil, dirt will stick more easily and pores are easier to clog. This is what causes pimples and blackheads.
- Excessive stress. Stress can also be a trigger that disturbs the health of your skin. Stress can significantly damage the beauty of the skin and can cause blackheads on the face.
- Lack of drinking water. Water serves to help maintain the health of your skin from within. By consuming water regularly, skin moisture will be maintained. That way, skin problems can be resolved properly.
Blackheads are not only experienced by teenagers, but also when a woman is menstruating and pregnant. Some other factors that can cause blackheads are excessive sweating, shaving that can open hair follicles, and the use of steroid drugs.
Before Experiencing It, Here’s How To Prevent Blackheads
Because blackheads occur due to blockages in the skin pores, the skin must always be kept clean. There are several ways you can do to keep your skin clean, namely:
- Shampoo every day, especially if you have oily hair types.
- Wash your face regularly before and after waking up.
- Maintain cleanliness of nails and hands to avoid transfer of dirt from hands and nails to the surface of facial skin.
- Avoid foods high in fat to reduce oil production on the skin.
- Use skin care products that do not contain oil.
- Use skin care products to remove dead skin cells.
By maintaining daily cleanliness you can actually prevent blackheads.