Mesothelioma Danger To Human Health
Mesothelioma is a cancer that attacks the mesothelium, which is a tissue that lines various organs in the human body. Exposure to asbestos which is considered to affect the function of human organs as the main heart. However, it is not yet known how the spread occurs because this discovery is very rare, but this type of cancer is very frightening on earth.
There are 4 types of mesothelioma cancer that attacks humans:
- Mesothelioma pleura (pleural mesothelioma), which is a type of cancer that attacks the mesothelium of the lining of the lungs (pleura) of humans. This type is the type most often found by the medis.
- Mesothelioma peritoneum (peritoneal mesothelioma), this type of mesothelioma occurs in the lining of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum).
- Pericardial mesothelioma (pericardial mesothelioma), a type of cancer that is considered very dangerous, this type of mesothelioma attacks the protective layer of the heart organ.
- Testicular mesothelioma (testicular mesothelioma), which is mesothelioma that attacks the testicular protective layer or male testicles.
Causes of Mesothelioma
The causes of Mesothelioma so far have not been known with certainty, however, mesothelioma is always associated with exposure to asbestos or asbestos roofs. Asbestos is materials that are widely used as construction materials for buildings or roofs, because of their heat-resistant and fire-resistant properties. The use of asbestos has indeed been officially banned since 1999.
But this is still used in every country.
When asbestos is destroyed or damaged, both during the demolition or renovation of buildings, asbestos will produce fibers or fine dust flying. Asbestos fine fibers are very easily inhaled by humans, then enter and settle in the organs of the body, especially in the lungs. Asbestos fibers that are ingested can also move through the lymphatic human digestive system, settle, and infect cells in the lining of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum).
Symptoms of Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma problems usually develop in the human body and usually takes 20-30 years to appear very dangerous symptoms. Patients may not feel any complications when mesothelioma is in its early stages. But over time, cancer cells will grow and release nerves or other organs, causing severe problems in the long run.
The mesothelioma problem differs depending on the location considered by cancer cells. In pulmonary mesothelioma, symptoms that may appear are as follows:
- Sweat priority fever, especially at night.
- Excessive fatigue and weak body condition.
- Cough and unbearable pain..
- Shortness of breath due to a buildup of fluid in the lungs, removed in the pleural cavity, which is between the pleural membrane lining the inner lungs.
- Weight loss without apparent cause. Drastic reduction
- Pain in the chest
- Swelling and deformation at the tip of the finger (clubbing).
- A lump appears in the tissue under the surface of the skin in the chest area.
if you experience something like the above immediately consult a doctor. so that it can be handled quickly.