Types Of Tinea Pedis
Have you ever experienced itching between the toes? If so, you could be suffering from tinea pedis. This condition will make you feel uncomfortable because of the itching sensation! What causes this condition?
Types of Tinea
Tinea itself is a skin disease caused by a fungal infection and can develop in several areas of the body. Apart from between the toes, there are several types of fungal infections, including:
- A fungal disease of the scalp, which causes brittle hair and easy hair loss. This fungus on the scalp is characterized by swelling of the scalp, then hair loss. The swelling that occurs is even accompanied by pus.
- Fungal disease of the skin of the thigh, which causes pain and irritation. This fungus on the skin of the thighs is characterized by a red rash that can spread to between the body.
- Fungal diseases of the skin, which appear in different colors and are accompanied by small, scaly spots. This disease usually occurs on the upper arms, chest, back, neck and even face.
This is the cause of the occurrence of tinea pedis
Apart from mushrooms, there are several factors that can increase a person’s risk of developing water fleas, namely:
- Frequent sweaty feet.
- Often leaves the house without using footwear.
- Sharing towels, socks, or shoes with an infected person.
- Wear tight and thick shoes.
- Not keeping feet clean.
- There are sores on the fingers or toenails.
Here are the steps to prevent tinea pedis
Tinea pedis fungal infection is a disease that can be prevented. So, to avoid this disease, you can follow the steps below.
- Keep feet dry and not damp from sweat.
- Wash shoes regularly, and use shoes that are lightweight and with good air circulation.
- Always wear footwear when traveling outdoors.
- Use clean socks and avoid reuse without washing them first.
- Do not share personal items with others.
- Clean your feet regularly. Perform foot care with products that can prevent yeast infection when needed.